Lodging | California Destinations
west coast hostels
Privately run hostels, economic lodging, budget travel, as well as
American Youth Hostels (AYI) & Hostelling International (HI) accommodations.
|Great views of LA Harbor, the Pacific Ocean & the historic "Friendship Bell" from the San Pedro Hostel of Los Angeles County
backpackers hostel, travelers, budget student travel
hostel cali, beach hostel san diego, hostel in san francisco, youth hostel san diego, backpacker's hostel san francisco, ca youth hostels, hostel bay area, san diego downtown hostel, san francisco downtown hostel, student hostel, hi hostel san diego, cheap hostel san francisco, banana hostel san diego, union square hostel san francisco, los angeles hostels, ocean beach hostel san diego, backpackers hostels, backpacking hostels, cheap hostel, youth hostel ca, hostel california, cheap hostels, california host
Grand Canyon Hostel
150 North Main Street
Ashland, OR 97520
Hosteling International (HI)
HI-Portland Hawthorne Distr
3031 SE Hawthorne Boulevard
Portland OR 97214
425 NW 18th Avenue
Portland OR 97209
- 710 N Alberta
Portland, OR 97217
- Office Hours: mornings and afternoons
- Facilities: Information desk, free wifi, iMac guest computer, commercial kitchen, economical bike rentals, linens included, lockers/baggage storage, on-site parking, community events, shared bathrooms, 24hour secure code property access, 24 hour security surveillance, kitchen staples included (coffee, tea, olive oil, salt, pepper, and other spices)
- Reservations: Reservation required at all times.
- Directions: From Airport: Transportation into the city is easily managed by the Max Light Rail system. Take MAX Red Line towards City Center & Beaverton TC for 30 minutes. Get off at Rose Quarter TC MAX Station and walk to 30 feet to the NW (do not cross the road). Board bus #4 (Fessenden/St Johns) for about 10 min (Goes up Williams, Mississippi, get off at Alberta cross street) If in doubt tell the bus driver you want to get off at Alberta and they will help guide you. Walk 40 feet. Head north on N Albina Ave turning right at the Corner Market onto N Alberta St. Look for hostel sign on the right side. By Train and Bus: Union Station (Greyhound & Amtrak) Walk southwest on NW 6th Ave toward NW Everett and 5th. Board bus #4 to Get off at N Albina & Alberta. Walk 40 feet, Heading north on N Albina Ave turning right on N Alberta St. BoltBus Terminal: From stop go to SW 6th towards SW Taylor, At corner of SW Taylor and SW 6th Board bus #4 towards St Johns. Get off at N Albina & Alberta
- Portland International Airport (PDX), located on the northeast side of Portland, is served by most major airlines. PDX info or call 503-460-4234 or 877-739-4636
American Youth Hostel
- 930 N. Holladay Drive
Seaside, OR 97138
- Office Hours: 8 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Facilities: 24-hour access, outdoor decks and lawn on river,
barbecue, equipment storage area, information desk, kitchen, laundry facilities, linen rentals
and espresso and pastry bar.
- Reservations: Advisable: Summer weekends.
- Directions: West off U.S. Highway 101 on 10th Avenue, 2 blocks to hostel. From Portland, take Highway 26 west to coast.
Washington State Hostels
American Youth Hostel
@ BIRCH BAY
- 7467 Gemini Street
Blaine, WA 98230-9674
- Dates Closed: Oct - April
- Facilities: Equipment storage area, kitchen, laundry facilities, linen rental, on-site parking, playground and sauna.
- Directions: Take I-5 south to exit #270 (Birch Bay-Lynden Road), west (right) 3-1/2 miles on Birch Bay-Linden Road, south (left) approximately 1 mile on Blaine Road, west (right) 1/2 mile on Alderson Road to Bay Horizon Park; take I-5 north to exit #266 (Grandview Road), west (left) 6 miles on Grandview, north (right) approximately 3 miles on Blaine Road, west (left) 1/2 mile on Alderson Road to entrance..
- American Youth Hostel
@ FORT FLAGLER
- Fort Flagler State Park
10621 Flagler Road
Nordland, WA 98358-9699
- Facilities:Large common room with Franklin wood stove, equipment storage, co-op bicycle repair, information desk, kitchen, crab pots, linen rental (sleeping bags allowed) and on-site parking.
- Reservations: Advisable from May - Sept.
- Directions:From Seattle, take Winslow, Bremerton of Kingston ferry, follow signs to Hood Canal Bridge. Take Highway 104 West 5 miles, turn right on Highway 19 North, then turn right at light on Chimicum Road. Next light turn right on Oak Bay Road, follow 116 E into park. From Olympia,, take U.S. 101 N to Quilcene, go right on Center Rd. toward Indian Island, turn right on Oak Bay Rd., follow 116 E into park. From Port Angeles / Port Townsend, take Hwy. 20 to Hwy. 19 S, go 3 miles, turn left on 116 E, follow into park..
American Youth Hostel
HI-Seattle at the American Hotel
520 S King Street
Seattle WA 98104
- Facilities: 24-hour access, equipment storage area, information desk, kitchen, laundry facilities, free linen, lockers/baggage storage, day tours, evening programs, walking tours (seasonal) and wheelchair accessible.
- Reservations: Advisable from June - Sept.
- Directions:By Car: Downtown at Union Street and Western Avenue. From Airport: Take bus #194 or #174 marked "Downtown Seattle"; If bus runs in tunnel, get off at University Station, turn right on 2nd Avenue, walk 1/2 block to Union Street, turn left and walk to First Avenue. (If bus runs on 3rd or 4th Avenue, get off at Union Street.) Walk to 1st Avenue and look for steps at far corner of 1st and Union St.; hostel is at the bottom of steps..
Vashon Island Ranch & Campground
12119 SW Cove Road
Vashon Island, WA 98070
Directions: By Car: From I-5 (Seattle) take exit 163 A to West Seattle and follow signs to Fauntleroy Ferry dock (auto and passenger ferry). From I-5 @ Tacoma, take exit 132 and follow signs to Point Defiance Ferry Dock (auto and passenger ferry). By Bus: Take city bus #118, #119 or #54 from Seattle to Fauntleroy Ferry in West Seattle (when Seattle Foot Ferry doesn't operate). Foot Ferry: Passengers Only: (Monday-Saturday) ferry from Seattle leaves from Pier 50, take bus to grocery store in Vashon.
Copyright © 1996-2020 Total Escape, www.totalescape.com / All Rights Reserved.