CA Camping Fishing / Camping Lakes in California
Wanna camp at a California lake surrounded by pine forest & blue skies? And you want to fish the lake too? Well, you’ve come to the right spot. Total Escape features tons of great California destinations such as these listed below.
Black Rock Reservoir, in the Central Sierra Nevada Mountains
Multiple developed campgrounds & resort facilities surround these two gorgeous lakes in the Eastern Sierra, next to Bridgeport CA. Wilderness access to the High Sierra too.
Also known as Gold Lake, this Northern Sierra Nevada region features many small secluded lakes to hike to. Campgrounds are located near the lakes, but not on the lake edge. Some of these locations have cabin rentals that are open seasonally. Sierra Buttes is the key granite feature & Frazier Falls is also closeby.
Just north of Mammoth Lakes, the June Lake area is one of the best places to fish in the Autumn season. The Eastern Sierra aspens start changing colors in late September. Make your reservations well in advance for cabins or campgrounds.
Sierra Nevada alpine bliss, Pine Crest Lake offers camping & fishing, but no motorized boats. Plenty side creeks & hiking trails nearby
Known for it huge fish, great boating & plentiful camping resorts, this Northern California lake is situated south of Lassen Peak, near Chester CA.
This is the jewel of the Sierra Nevada mountains, centrally located for anyone to enjoy. A huge alpine lake surrounded by parks & outdoor recreation. Campgrounds book up months in advance, so make your reservations. Or you may end up camping the back roads, Total Escape style!
And a bunch more California Lakes with prime camping & fishing…
- South Lake Bishop, Eastern Sierra
- Convict Lake, Eastern Sierra
- Lundy Lake, Eastern Sierra
- Virginia Lakes, Eastern Sierra
- Blackrock Reservoir, Western Sierra
- Hume Lake, Sequoia/Kings NP
- Pine Flat Reservoir, Western Sierra
- Wishon Reservoir, Western Sierra
- Courtright Lake, Western Sierra
- Florence Lake, Western Sierra
- Edison Lake, Western Sierra
- Shaver Lake, Western Sierra
- Huntington Lake, Western Sierra
- Clear Lake, Northern California
- Whiskeytown Reservoir, Redding
- Trinity Lake, Northern California
California 4×4 access to Fishing Lakes