July 4th in Cali
go somewhere cool this summer
July 4th marks the busiest summer week in California. It’s mid Summer for most school kids. The golden state has it’s biggest increase of visiting tourist during this month too, along with the local residents traveling on seasonal road trips. Plenty of traffic, be warned.
Camping July 4th means EVERYBODY and their GRANDMOTHER will be outside this weekend. The majority of big family camp-outs and social BBQ events take place — on this very summer holiday weekend. Backpackers and serious car campers are on the road well ahead of time – headed for wilderness destinations.
- BE FIRE SAFE, always know fire restrictions
- DRINK PLENTY WATER
- DON’T DRIVE DRUNK
- NO FIREWORKS IN FOREST
City Fireworks & Parade Events can be found on various city web sites or chamber of commerce sites, which you can easily access through Total Escape.
Fourth of July is also known as Independence Day, with celebrations in almost every major city & some notable small towns. City parades, firework displays, live music, streets fairs, BBQs, crafts, beach bon fires & in certain beach towns, total utter chaos. Below is only a sampling of popular July 4th events within California:
- Eastern Sierra Independence CA
- So Cal Mountains Lake Arrowhead CA
- So Cal Mountains Big Bear Lake CA
- 4th of July Parade – Visalia, CA
- Jamison Fireworks – Porterville CA
- Fireworks 4th of July in Winters
- Freedom Festival – Redding CA
- Beach Independence Day – Newport
- Independence Day Parade – Fairfield CA
- 4th of July Parade – Huntington Beach