and Aveeno both work pretty good on the
Leaves of 3, let them be!
The boy scout chant is clear & easy to remember. The small oak leaves grow in set of three on a stem. If you're not sure, then stay away from it anyway, just to err on the side of caution.
CALIFORNIA POISON OAK: It can make your best campout or day hike turn into a total nightmare. You really gotta know what this stuff looks like in both colors & stay away from it. Spring is bright green, late summer is starting to turn red & slightly brownish-orangish. Hike in pants of you think you may be coming in contact with it on overgrown trails.
- growing wild all over California under 5000' elevation
- can spread from you clothes to your body with indirect contamination
- if you scratch it, the magic oils are on your hands. keep hands away from eyes & face.
- do not burn the plant ( leaves or vines) for any reason
- "poison ivy" is not found on the west coast
Do not put your hands near your eyes, it spreads very easily. Be aware of what part of the clothing touched the bushes. Make sure not to pull off pant legs & touch the fabric that is coated with the oils.